- Social Protection Floor for a Fair and Inclusive Globalisation This UN Report highlights the importance of the social protection floor in ensuring that no one lives below a certain income level, and everyone has access to essential public services, such as water, sanitation, health and education. The Report focuses on providing income security and scaling up essential health services even in the poorest countries.
- A Social Protection Floor for India This study, commissioned by the United Nations in India, examines the feasibility of introducing a Social Protection Floor for India.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana The objective of the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana is to ensure the financial inclusion of all households in India. It will provide universal access to financial services such as basic bank savings accounts, need-based credit, remittances facilities, and insurance and pension facilities.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana The Government of India’s national insurance scheme.
- UNDP and Poverty Reduction in India UNDP’s work on poverty alleviation in India supports Government efforts to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development, bringing real improvement in people’s lives.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme The scheme aims at enhancing the livelihood security of people in rural areas by guaranteeing one hundred days of wage employment in a financial year to a rural household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
- World Bank Data on Poverty