In India since: 1991
About: UN-Habitat is the coordinating agency within the United Nations System for human settlement activities and in collaboration with governments is responsible for promoting and consolidating collaboration with all partners, including local authorities, private and non-governmental organizations in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, Goal 11 of “Making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”. UN-Habitat is a focal point for the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of the New Urban Agenda adopted during the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III), in Ecuador, Quito, 2016.
UN-Habitat in India is working closely with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs for championing India’s New Urban Agenda and has crafted a new strategic partnership with the Government of India on mutually agreed technical cooperation initiatives in support of sustainable urbanization in India.
Location: New Delhi, India
Focus Areas: Liveable and Inclusive Cities and Regions Affordable, green and resilient housing environment Healthy, safe and prosperous neighbourhoods Accountable and efficient urban governance Knowledge systemization and learning
Nodal Ministries: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UNHABITAT
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/UNHABITAT
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unhabitat
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unhabitat/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/unhabitatglobal
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/un-habitat-united-nation-human-settlements-programme-/