Dialogue on Northeast India: Catalysing sustainable fashion
February 1, 2018
When? 1 February 2018
Panel Discussion at Lakme Fashion Week Studio – 11.00 am- 12.00 pm
Lakme Fashion Week Runway – 12.30 pm – 01.00pm
Where? Jio Garden, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai
What? Supported by UN in India, this action-oriented dialogue will bring attention to mainstream stakeholders including brands, designer’s and buyers by:
• Creating consensus on the mutual benefits of doing business in the north-east from the lens of fashion.
• Showcasing the true potential of the northeast region (NER).
• Highlight the challenges that the local industry is facing.
• Create movement/commitment towards constructive interventions for development of supply chain frameworks that can provide sustainable livelihoods for NER artisans with collaborators.
• Bridge the gap between NER and fashion industry stakeholders.
• Leverage the potential of the sustainable creative economy of the region
Who? Several leading champions and game-changers who are doing transformational work in sustainability will be part of this dialogue that will be led by key note speaker Yuri Afanasiev, Representative of the United Nations in India along with Orsola De Castro, Founder and Creative Director of Fashion Revolution in UK, Osama Manzar, Founder of Digital Empowerment Foundation and Siva Devireddy, Founder of Gocoop.